Processing time is approximately 30 – 45 minutes.
Guidelines for 18 years or older
- Both parties must be present when applying for the license.
- Both parties must have Identification with your current legal name. Example: Any state issued ID or Drivers License, Military ID, Passport, U.S. Government issued Immigration Services ID card, (green card, visa, alien resident card), or State Certified birth certificate (Xerox copies or hospital certificates will not be accepted)
- If your name has been legally changed we must see the court order.
- Any applicant divorced within one year should bring a certified copy of the Judgment of Divorce.
Guidelines for Minors 16 or 17 Years of Age
- Identification needed: State certified birth certificate issued within 30 days (Xerox copies or hospital certificates will not be accepted).
- Both parents listed on the birth certificate must be present with some form of government issued picture ID (example: driver's license).
- If a parent is deceased, a death certificate is required.
- If parents are divorced, both parents must still be present unless parental rights have been terminated.
- The Probate Judge must approve an order terminating parental rights before a marriage license can be issued.
To Obtain a Certified Copy of a Marriage License by Mail
Send written request, including the following information: names, date of marriage (year), $4.00 and self-addressed stamped envelope.